Week 13 Blog Post

 As I have mentioned before I do not have a Facebook account, but recently there was an added feature to Instagram that many people are not in approval of. There is now a feature that allows you to purchase clothing and other types of items from the app. This is very different and bold for them to do as I believe it does not fully know what the person is looking for and or shopping for. I believe some of the ads are very annoying and ultimately just very basic. I clicked on the link for this necklace brand and it did not even take me to the company website, I believe that Instagram may be recieving money from these ads. 

In the past, many just skip over the ads in newspapers and throw them away as oftentimes they are just an extra page and no real "news". I know that many people love the ads on Facebook and find them extremely beneficial in the long run and have purchased items from these ads. These are curated for the person at some times and many think that they are being spied on. I believe that the apps on social media are better in the long run compared to paper ads. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part B

Week 8 Part A

Week 9 Blog Post 2